Today I want to help you plan a way to time block at work in order to maximize your efficiency. You’ll be more organized, you’ll be more efficient, and you’ll improve your business and yourself in the process. Here are five reasons why you should be time blocking your schedule.
- It gives you focus: If you just take what’s coming to you during the day, then you’re not going to be efficient. You need to actively plan your day and squeeze in as many meaningful activities and exercises as possible. This way you’re never doing too little or too much – you’re doing an appropriate amount each day.
- You can grow intentionally rather than accidentally: If you know all of your priorities for the day, then you are in the driver’s seat for moving your business forward. If you can control your time, you can control your success.
- You can take back control: Don’t let someone or something else take control of your schedule. As you grow more and more busy, you need to take control of your time by taking control of your schedule.
- Say ‘no’ to distractions: If someone needs to talk to you while you’re busy you need to tell them you cannot talk at the moment, but you would love to reschedule for another time that works for you.
- Save your sanity: You’re probably swamped with work to do and your life is probably busy enough as is. Blocking off your time allows you to slow down and focus on the task at hand rather than getting overwhelmed with all of them at once.
Hopefully this has helped spark some good thoughts for you, because I’ve found that time blocking has helped me immensely throughout my busy schedule. If you’re having trouble staying on top of tasks, or if you just feel overwhelmed with work, then I recommend trying this.
As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions.